Worship Notes for Sept. 10-11, ‘16
1) The Boys in the Boatis about the ____________ team from the University of Washington that won Olympic gold in the city of _____________ in 19______.
2) The gold medal was lost and found! Where was it found? _________________________________ Who had “stolen” it ? __________________
3) What evangelist wrote today’s Gospel? __________________ What are the chapter and verses? (Hint: look in Celebrate!) __________________________
There are 2 things lost in today’s Gospel. What are they? a) ___________________; b) __________________________.
The next part of the story that we don’t hear today talks about another “lost” thing. What/who is it? __________________________________________________
4) An obsession is something that takes over our thoughts and seems so important we can barely think about anything else. What is God’s obsession?? __________________________________________________________
5) To be canonized means to be made a saint. Who was canonized last week? ______________________________________________________________
6) When a journalist saw her removing maggots from the open sores of a man lying in the gutter, he admitted, “I wouldn’t do that for a million dollars.” How did she answer him? ________________________________________________________________________________ What did she mean?? ________________________________________________________
7) What job did Father Mychal Judge do? __________________________________________________________________________________
8) Where and when did he die? __________________________________________________________________________________
9) What was he doing before he died? _________________________________________
10) God probably won’t ask us to go to Calcutta or run into a burning, collapsing building this week. God does want us to do something, though. What is it?? __________________________________________________________
11) What’s one example of how you could do that?
12) Do you have another example of someone from history or your life who looked/looks out for “lost lambs”? ___________________________________________________________________________________